Rubin: Android activations eclipse 900k per day
Android activations keep moving forward a little more each day and have now crossed a new milestone. According to a tweet from Google’s own Andy Rubin, Android now sees more than 900,000 new activations every single day. Quick math tells us that this comes out to more than 328 million phones per year. Although the figure takes worldwide numbers into account, this equates to more than one phone for every U.S. citizen. Where will the figure be by the time we hit the holiday shopping season? We’re just spit-balling here but we say 10 million a day. No?
- Andy Rubin: Android Had A Jolly Good Christmas With 3.7M Activations
- 850K Daily Android Activations, 300M Total Devices, Says Andy Rubin
- Google: 400 million Android devices, one million activations a day
- Holiday Week 2012 Sees New iOS And Android Device Activations Rise To 50M Total, A 150% Increase
- India fourth largest market in app downloads as Android activations jump 400 per cent
- Android reaches 500 million global device activations
- Andy Rubin no longer leading Android, replaced by Chrome exec Sundar Pichai
- EE confirms smartphone activations fall in Q4 2012, 4G LTE to blame?
- Quad-core S4 LG Eclipse coming to AT&T and Sprint, may hit stores on October 31
- Trolldroid: Robert Scoble says Andy Rubin leaving Android, U mad bro?